Trump was RIGHT about Air Force One. Boeing Program Slated to Cost MORE Than $4.2 Billion
Once again, Trump makes a claim and immediately liberals and the dishonest mainstream media POUNCE on him, claiming he’s wrong.
And once again, after all of the criticism and attacks, right on cue, we discover that Trump was indeed right.
From The Daily Mail:
- Government budget and procurement documents show that President-elect Donald Trump was right to insist that the new Air Force One jets will cost taxpayers more than $4.2 billion
- DailyMail.com has obtained documents showing long-term ‘Research, Development, Test & Evaluation’ costs amounting to $2.872 billion
- ‘Other’ line-items described as ‘facilities’ costs add $330 million to the project
- A final $1.062 billion is found in a 2015 procurement request, meant to pay for the actual construction of a pair of Air Force One jets on Boeing 747 frames
- Trump tweeted Tuesday of the Boeing project that ‘costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!’ Boeing immediately disputed his claim
- He told reporters that Boeing ‘is doing a little bit of a number. We want Boeing to make a lot of money, but not that much money’
- The White House insisted Trump’s numbers didn’t ‘reflect the nature of the financial agreement between Boeing and the Department of Defense’
The Pentagon program that will replace the pair of aging ‘Air Force One’ planes is already slated to cost $4.265 billion through the year 2021, according to federal budget and procurement documents obtained by DailyMail.com.
That number supports what President-elect Donald Trump said two days ago when he claimed the U.S. Air Force should cancel its order with Boeing because the project’s cost had spiraled above $4 billion.
‘Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!’ Trump tweeted Tuesday.
Critics immediately pounced, including Boeing itself – which claimed it is ‘currently under contract for $170 million to help determine the capabilities of these complex military aircraft that serves the unique requirements of the president of the United States.’
That spin ignored that vast majority of the taxpayer dollars that it will collect in the future, most of which is already written into the pages of government paperwork.
The Defense Department budget documents show a total of $2.872 billion in existing and planned spending on the main Boeing project between 2015 and 2021, all for Research, Development, Test & Evaluation – or RDT&E, in government-speak.
A separate schedule identifies another $330.7 million in ‘other’ costs, described as ‘facilities’ for the Presidential Aircraft Recapitalization program – the official bureaucratic name for the catch-all Air Force One project.
All that money, however, won’t get either of the two redundant planes built. That will require a separate $1.062 billion ‘procurement’ request, which the Pentagon spelled out last year.
Added together, the total exceeds the number that got Trump into hot water on Tuesday.
Amy Moreno is a Published Author, Pug Lover & Game of Thrones Nerd. You can follow her on Twitter here and Facebook here.
Support the Trump Presidency and help us fight Liberal Media Bias. Please LIKE and SHARE this story on Facebook or Twitter.



He should investigate Accenture and the raping of the US taxpayer with their uncontested, seemingly limitless government contracts which produce shoddy – at best – software for the federal government. Accenture – you’re next to fall….
I don’t care what anyone says but our mr. Donald Trump our president elect was absolutely right for saying cancel that order because that is a very substantial amount and what our vet’s and homelesss people and numerous of other things that can be done with that kind of money like they could give each tax payer a big fat tax return so we can invest it into thing that we could buy right here in our own country