LIAR! Former Clinton Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills Blames Benghazi For Lost Clinton Emails
Judicial Watch today released the deposition transcript of Cheryl D. Mills, Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff throughout her four years as secretary of state. Though instructed by her attorney not to answer several questions, the transcript is available here.
Mills was deposed last week as part of the discovery granted to Judicial Watch by U.S. District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan in response to its Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s unsecured, non-government email system (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:13-cv-01363)). Last week, Judge Sullivan ordered that all deposition transcripts be made publicly available.
Stephen Dinan Reports
Cheryl Mills, the former chief of staff at the State Department, partly blamed the Benghazi terrorist attack for former Secretary Hillary Clinton failing to turn over her emails as she left office in 2013, saying there was “a lot going on” that distracted them from fulfilling their obligations under open records laws.
Ms. Mills, in sworn testimony ordered by a federal judge taken last week and released Tuesday, said Mrs. Clinton and her team were occupied with too many other things to think about going through their official records and making sure they remained with the department — a requirement of multiple federal laws and agency policies.
Among those were Mrs. Clinton’s upcoming departure from office and the September 2012 attack that cost the life of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
“The secretary was not only transitioning, there had been a — we had lost our first ambassador in quite some time, and we were stepping through the sets of issues associated with that. And she, too, had fallen ill, and there — and there had been a period of time where we were obviously navigating a whole set of issues in that space,” Ms. Mills said. “So I don’t know that this was something that I focused on, and certainly I wish I had.”
Blaming the Benghazi attack is a striking explanation, given that it was the 2012 attack — and the congressional probe into it — that first exposed Mrs. Clinton’s use of a secret email account tied to a server kept at her home in New York.
Ms. Mills said she can’t even remember if she and Mrs. Clinton talked about how to secure and store her emails as they left office together.



Mills is just another lying Clinton stooge. There have been so many through the years that it is almost mind numbing. If we had something besides a leftist agenda-driven media, the Clintons would have long since been gone. But I’m preaching to the choir. Go Trump.