When slews of pro-life advocates convene Friday for the annual March for Life, they will receive the warmest White House support in the event’s four-decade history.
Vice President Pence and Trump’s top aide Kellyanne Conway will be HEADLINING the pre-march event.
From Washington Examiner
Vice President Mike Pence and top Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway will headline the pre-march rally on the National Mall, becoming the highest-ranking members of a presidential administration ever to speak at the annual protest. And President Trump plans to call in to the rally to voice his support, following a pattern set by two of his GOP predecessors.
Pence and Conway’s presence is a huge boon to the march, attended by hundreds of thousands of people every year who want to register their opposition to the Supreme Court‘s 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion. It further solidifies their confidence that President Trump will live up to his promises to crack down on abortion, as he vowed during his campaign.
Pence is a favorite of conservatives for his actions as Indiana governor and as a member of Congress to limit abortion. While Trump used to support abortion rights, activists view Pence as one of their own, a longtime and trustworthy ally.
“He’s not a recent convert to caring about issues of human dignity,” said Russell Moore, president of the Ethics and Religions Liberty Commission, the public policy arm of the Southern Baptist Convention. “He’s been in the trenches for a long time and is deeply admired by all of us.”
Conway also infused abortion foes with hope in the fall, when Trump picked her to manage his campaign. Conway has long advocated against abortion and advised conservatives on how to effectively address the issue.
“Making the March for Life a major priority during her first week of the new administration gives great hope to pro-life Americans,” said March for Life President Jeanne Mancini.
The warm nod from the White House is especially significant to activists who have participated in the March for Life for decades but never got to see a vice president or president speak in person.
Chuck Donovan, who has attended the march for about 30 years, recalls one year when President Ronald Reagan called into the rally while standing on the Ellipse outside the White House. It was Reagan’s compromise for march organizers, who had intensively lobbied him to attend in-person despite security concerns.
Amy Moreno is a Published Author, Pug Lover & Game of Thrones Nerd. You can follow her on Twitter here and Facebook here.
Support the Trump Presidency and help us fight Liberal Media Bias. Please LIKE and SHARE this story on Facebook or Twitter.
Yes! Great To Hear The White House’s Support For The March!
I personally think this is a distraction, or in the best case scenario, another “Trump Strategy”. He’s been outsmarting everyone so far.