BREAKING : Iranian Refugee Accepted to the USA Ended Up Joining ISIS
A man who was certified by the U.S. government as an official refugee, and who was supported by a taxpayer-funded group to settle in the United States, flew out of the United States in 2013 to join the ISIS Islamic army.
He was killed in Lebanon in 2015 as part of the ongoing Syrian conflict, leaving his refugee wife and their three children in the United States.
This example of a refugee terrorist highlighted the call on Monday by GOP nominee Donald Trump for “ideological vetting of immigrants seeking admission to the United States.”
Those who do not believe in our Constitution, or who support bigotry and hatred, will not be admitted for immigration into our country. . . Only those who we expect to flourish in our country — and to embrace a tolerant American society — should be issued visas.
That vetting apparently did not take place in the case of Adnan Fazeli, 38, who “initially came to Philadelphia in 2008 [as a refugee from Iran] and then moved to Portland [in 2009],” according to a recent Facebook post by Fazeli’s brother.
The brother is “Dr. Jabbar Fazeli . . . a physician in Maine [who] currently serves as chairman of the board of the Maine Medical Association,” the Portland (Maine) Press Herald reports.
The jihad Fazeli “came to Maine as a refugee in 2009 [and] became radicalized in his Islamic faith while living here and was fighting for the Islamic State when he was killed last year in Lebanon, according to newly unsealed federal court document,” the Press Herald says:
[M]ost recently of Freeport, [Fazeli]came under investigation by the FBI for his connection to the terrorist group shortly after he left his job at Dubai Auto in Portland to fly to Turkey on Aug. 13, 2013, and never returned.
Fazeli, who also went by the names Abu Nawaf and Abu Abdullah Al-Ahwazi, was killed on Jan. 23, 2015, in a battle near Ras Baalbek in Lebanon as part of an Islamic State attack force of about 150 that was thwarted by the Lebanese army.
Those details, which were never revealed publicly before, were contained in an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Portland last Oct. 27 by Maine State Police Detective George Loder, who was acting as a member of an FBI task force investigating whether other people were aware of Fazeli’s plans to fight for the Islamic State, helped him travel to the Iraq-Syria-Lebanon area or supported his efforts there. The affidavit remained under seal during the investigation, which ended with no criminal charges.
The Press Herald reports that “[t]he affidavit gives the accounts of four anonymous informants for the FBI who described how Fazeli’s behavior began to change about a year after he came to the Portland area through Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services.”
According to its website, “Maine’s only refugee resettlement program, Catholic Charities Maine Refugee and Immigration Services (RIS) is dedicated to helping those seeking a new life in America become independent, productive members of our community.”
But the person who answered the phone when Breitbart News called Catholic Charities of Maine says that organization “provided no assistance” to Fazeli.
Breitbart News has asked Catholic Charities of Maine spokesperson Judy Katzel for more details, but has not yet received a response.
You can read more here
Support the Trump Movement and help us fight Liberal Media Bias. Please LIKE and SHARE this story on Facebook or Twitter.


